Monday, March 19, 2007

T + 0 days. Setup


I opened the box last night and went through the setup process. Cripes, I'm impressed. Easy process, incredible graphics.

The Mac identified and used my wireless network. Software Update popped up and prompted me to download and install several upgrades. No problem.

System Preferences. Set the date/time and timezone. Screen saver. Lock down the box with some security settings. Again, all no problem.

I didn't get as far as copying over all of my data files yet. I spent time just playing around and then watched Borat.

I was also reminded of the old Clint Eastwood movie Firefox. Clint is told You must think in Russian.... I was attempting to configure the Safari web browser, kept looking for Preferences and Options on the top of the browser window, couldn't find anything, and then realized everything is there along the very top of the screen. I just need to stop thinking like Windows and be a little more flexible in my mind...

2 comments:

The Traveler said...

we will assimilate you... and You'll like it, promise.

aside: wonderful article on how Mac's are cheepere from the TCO perspective. As an IT executive this is very saleable to my execs.

L

The Traveler said...

here's the link even:
http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,73005-0.html?tw=wn_columns_2