Saturday, May 12, 2007

Moving from Outlook to Entourage

These scripts on scriptbuilders.net are useful for exporting your Outlook data (Windows) and then importing to Entourage (Mac). The scripts cost USD $20.00.

Entourage is an Outlook-type email/organizer from Microsoft. I originally started using iMail and iCal, but I'm moving to Entourage since there is direct integration with an Exchange email server (needed for work/business purposes), and I also can have Notes and Tasks again (integrated with my Calendar).

UPDATE: I used these scripts to successfully migrate my Contacts, Tasks, and Notes from Outlook 2003 (on Windows XP) into Entourage 2004 (on the Mac). Cripes, it was simple and well worth the $20! I have a huge volume of data (e.g. 400+ Tasks) and it was not practical for me to manually enter the data into Entourage.

No comments: