Wednesday, April 4, 2007

T + many. "insert dork here"

I'm up and running, everyday use of the Mac, and generally things are going well. I even got a wireless/cellular data card (model USB720) from Verizon Wireless and am impressed with the performance (1507 kb/s down, 680 kb/s up). I used speedtest.net to obtain those metrics.

Last night I got flustered over nothing. I was using Terminal to connect to my Linux server, and then was using the emacs editor on Linux to edit some Perl scripts. The command keystrokes (e.g. save file) didn't seem to be working and I thought there was a difference in the keystroke mapping between Windows and the Mac. Nope. PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer). Turns out I was just so used to the position of the keys on my previous Windows laptop that I was simply entering the wrong keystrokes.

So once again I am finding this to be a relatively seamless transition (ignoring my own stupidity).

No comments: